Add natural-looking fibers. Sisal, straw, raffia, jute, coir, and seagrasses feel casual and coastal, recalling gardening hats and picnic baskets. As much a natural color as a natural texture, they put us in warm state of mind. Use these natural fibers in rugs, placemats, baskets, with rattan chairs, around utensils or soap bars, or as inspiration for a room's paint color.
Today's dining room seem to be taking on a more comfortable feel. One great way of transiting into a more comfortable space is mixing and matching. Gone are the days when everything has to be in the same tone and finish. It also really brings in a personal touch to the space because it's not just a set that you could go into any furniture store and pick out.
Don't get crazy though. There is a limit to how many fabrics and finishes you can bring into a room depending on the size of the space. As a rule of thumb if you mixing a table and dining chairs I would limit it to two finishes and two to three fabrics depending on the pattern.
Elegant console and mirror set in a soft aged black finish with hand painted flowering vines. Features one drawer, oval mirror and a plant shelf.
TODAY'S DEAL OF THE DAY: $ 2
Mint Green is making a comeback. It has been so often used as a color for a gender neutral nursery but it's making headway into other rooms of the home. I found this article on one of my vendors website and loved the color combination and the way that it could brighten a room.
Mint green is crisp, cool, relaxing and fun! Tie together a room with mint accents and pastel hues, creating a calm yet vibrant space for summer.
Cambria Quartz has quickly become one of my favorite products. I am working with it for applications in a couple of my current kitchen projects and I thought that I would share with you some of the great benefits of this product.
Cambria is nonporous and nonabsorbent, it won’t draw in moisture from raw or leftover food, which can harbor harmful bacteria. I love this feature because not only does it make your kitchen safer to cook in it also doesn't absorb red wine!
It's virtually maintance free! Just use soap and water to clean - it never needs resealing, polishing, or conditioning. Which also means there is no upkeep cost.
There are so many colors, finishes, and edge selections to choose from it make creating a custom kitchen easy, fun and exciting.
Contact me today for a complimentary consultation
Today's project was a window treatment installation. The client didn't want to cover up the view outside completely but wanted to diffuse the light coming in and add some wow factor.
We chose a layered look to add interest to the window but went with a natural shade to bring the outdoors in and merry the other wood elements in the room.
We didn't want to weigh the room down so we added four panel to frame the windows instead of one huge wall of window.
The application turned out beautiful and the client was very happy.
Try this convex mirror to add a little glamor to your room. Looks great above a fireplace, or in a grouping on an accent wall. 36" Round! Today's deal of the day
Don't let choosing a paint color get you down!
Call today and let me help you chose a color scheme to make your room pop!
10 Great Reasons To Call
LIVV Interior Designs by Decorating Den
Our in-home decorating service takes the risk out of decorating on your own. We come to you with product samples and decorating ideas: custom window treatments, wall and floor coverings, bedding, furniture and accessories. Decisions are made right in your home where we can coordinate with existing furnishings. We'll even do the ordering, take care of delivery and supervise installation!
1. CONVENIENCE: Stay home and let us bring decorating ideas right to your door – at your convenience. We know you’ll enjoy seeing how design concepts will come to life right in your own home!
2. QUALITY: Our products are among the highest quality in the decorating industry. You can take pride and have confidence in your purchases from LIVV Interior Designs by Decorating Den.
3. SERVICE: We do it all! From our initial design consultation to final product installation, we will handle every detail of redecorating your home.
4. SELECTION: We have shopped the world to offer an extensive, diverse line of high quality furnishings, including custom window treatments, fine furniture, wall and floor coverings, custom bedding, lighting, and accessories.
5. GUARANTEE: Your satisfaction with our products and workmanship is guaranteed. We stand behind each and every one of our decorating projects.
6. LIFESTYLE: Because each client has unique tastes and lifestyle, we will custom tailor your home’s interior to your individual needs and desires.
7. AFFORDABILITY: We work within your budget – without compromising quality. Our strong relationships with our manufacturers allow us to provide customers with the best value.
8. CONSULTATION: Our initial in-home consultations are always complimentary.
9. REPUTATION: We’ve been in business since 1969! With over 400 interior decorators throughout North
America, we decorate thousands of homes each month!
10. ME: That’s the best part! Not only do we come to you with the finest products available, but you get the exceptional design services of trained professionals that know how to make your house a home.
Abby Dahlinghaus 513-502-9865
Call Today for Your Complimentary Consultation!
Stay in your easy chair and join the legions of homeowners who are rediscovering the familiar comforts of home! With the advent of large-screened televisions, and in-home movie rooms, home has truly become the “in” place to be after a stressful day at the office.
Today’s furniture reflects society’s desire to “stay put” with deeper, more comfortable seats, extra long lengths, and lots of pillows. Even those who prefer the traditional styling of a wing chair will find wider, better-shaped chairs with cushioned backs among today’s choices.
Of course, in these days that spawned the term, “couch potato”, it’s important to provide the appropriate “couch”! The home furnishings industry is making generously proportioned furniture designed to envelop, comfort and relax weary bodies. Oversized sofas and sectionals with extra cushions that feel like down – without need the care of down – truly fit the bill.
Need a place to put up your feet? A club chair – or chair and a half with ottoman afford just the right comfort to rest those weary bones at the end of the day. And in the bedroom, a chaise lounge, beautifully upholstered in a chenille burn out fabric, will truly provide a pampered feeling for all who recline there.
The comfort and security of today’s sumptuous furniture offers an antidote to today’s high tech, fast paced society.